Squats are great for your legs and bum, they are an incredibly efficient movement to work multiple muscles in that area. The Giggle Squat is done while holding your baby in your hands. Please consider the weight of your child before performing this exercise as you don’t want to strain yourself or overbalance while holding your baby. This really should only be done with lighter, younger children. The Giggle Squat is designed for fun as much as it is for fitness, it’s for mums wanting to get a bit of exercise, while still spending time bonding with their baby. If you’re looking for a serious squat session maybe try squatting alone while baby is napping.
1. Hold your little one just above chest height so you can look in to their eyes without lowering your head
2. Keep your back straight with your spine in a neutral position
3. Place your feet shoulder width apart and focus on looking straight ahead
4. As you squat, make sure you keep your knees in line with your feet
5. Squat as low as you can comfortably. Don’t go too far, it will be hard to get back up with the extra weight of your baby and you can overstress your knees
6. Return to the standing position with the slightest bend in your knees ready for the next squat