If you often get the uncomfortable bloat feeling after eating you might be eating the wrong foods. Bloating is temporary stomach distention that can be caused by certain foods. Belly bloat is really just intestinal gas. If you want to go from fat belly to flat belly you will need to change what you put in your mouth. These five foods can help you combat belly bloat and put you on track for the flatter stomach you are looking for.
- Fennel Seeds – Fennel is a herb native to Europe, rich in dietary fibre. It contains numerous flavonoid anti-oxidants like kaempferol and quercetin. These compounds function as powerful antioxidants by removing harmful free radicals from the body thus offer protection from cancers, infection, aging and degenerative neurological diseases.
- Salmon – Salmon is healthy for the digestive tract and offers protection against some types of cancer. Salmon also has numerous additional health benefits including improving brain function and reducing depression
- Asparagus – Asparagus is loaded with nutrients and has multiple health benefits, one of which is reducing intestinal bloating. Its packed with antioxidants, improves brain function and is a natural diuretic.
- Bananas – Who can go past bananas? They are packed with potassium that helps keep electricity flowing through your body and keep your heart beating. They are also great for blood pressure and a great source of dietary fibre to keep the bloat down and aid in weight loss.
- Cucumber – Cucumbers are made of more than 95% water, they’ve got to be good for you! They contain anti-inflammatories that aid in brain function, fight depression and reduce your risk of cancer. They also contain two of the most important elements for intestinal health, water and fibre. The cucumber skin contains insoluble fibre, which helps to move food through your digestive tract quickly and easily.